Monday, April 28, 2014

Girls Weekend.

6 of us took a road trip this weekend to my parents summer place near Asheville, North Carolina. It was a fun little girls weekend, officially Penny's first (making it 7, then!)! It included delicious food, relaxing walks and sun bathing around the most beautiful scenery in one of my favorite places. Weekends like this refresh my soul, and replenish me so much. I miss my husband oh so incredibly much, but these weekends are a blast. A weekend to loose track of time, stuff yourself while throwing "well balanced" out the window, and laugh until your belly hurts (#ifeellikesanta).

The 6 of us were walking out of the grocery store after stocking up on all sorts of wonderful things for the weekend ahead, and a car pulls up to us and flags us over. A woman in her 60's is inside and says to us,

  "I don't know who you girls are, but you look like you've been friends for a while. Make sure you hold these friendships close, they are the most wonderful thing in the world." 

Cheers to that. 




2 comments: