Thursday, May 29, 2014

Bittersweet

I know, how can there possibly be anything "bitter" about this sweet baby. And I'll be honest with you, not much. But there is one thing that crept up on me recently, that effected me more than I had anticipated. Maybe it is because it somehow didn't hit me until just recently, a few days ago. It has been David and I for over 8 years now! A third of our lives have been spent together, that is insane! And it just hit me, its never going to be just us again! Of course its going to change for the better, but this has been such a sweet chapter of our lives, just the two of us. Really the only chapter we know so far! We honestly can not wait to meet our sweet Penelope, but I know we will look back at this time in our lives with such fondness. We have so much fun together. There is no one else I would rather be stranded on a desert island with (that actually sounds fantastic!). Life with David is so full of joy. Every single day I feel like I need to pinch myself that I get to keep him forever. Oh my gosh. He's the best. But now we have a sweet addition coming along! And my favorite part of it is that she will have parts of her sweet dad in her. What a lucky girl! I can't wait to meet her and see those parts of her dad coming through, both physically and within her personality. David is so in love with his little Darling already. Oh goodness it makes my heart melt! The other day, we started our mornings like we typically do, with David shimmying down the bed so his head is level with my belly, and plasters her with kisses and goes on and on about how much he loves her. These are just between the two of them, but I of course can't help but overhear their conversations. As he was kissing my belly (dozens by this point I'm sure) he takes a little break to say

"Penny, these are my kisses. You'll get used to them when you come out." 

Queue me immediately turning into a pile of mush. He is just such a wonderful dad already. I am so so glad that Penelope and (God willing) the rest of our children get to have him as a father, they are more blessed than they know because of it.

From a couple of weeks ago at our beach vacation. 

1 comment: