Thursday, February 20, 2014

grow baby grow!


Baby is growing growing growing (Which of course means that I must too)! Aside from assuming that's what is happening in there, I have actually been able to feel quite a bit of it lately. Today marks 15 weeks for this little babe (who is officially the size of an orange, & weighing in at around 2.5 ounces.) & I am cramping & sore all over the my belly, which has never felt so good. Baby is truly growing like a weed, & as long as he/she doesn't try to surpass David's nearly 10 pound birth weight, we'll be cool.

We get to find out the sex in about 1 month, which is roughly 1 month too long. I can't tell you how many times I have been asked if we are hoping for a boy or a girl, a question I asked my pregnant friends as well before we were expecting. I can't pinpoint a single occurrence where the mom-to-be said one sex over the other. The always answer with the standard "as long as they are healthy." Which was soo annoying to me. I mean come on, you have to lean one way or the other, right? Just tell me! But now, I'm in their shoes, and I completely get it. I truly don't care, I just pray they are healthy. Sure, I have a huge gut feeling for what baby is. I'm actually so certain of it that I don't want to say it here, In case I am right (surprises are fun, right?)! But I would not be disappointed in the least if it turns out we are incorrect. Surprised? Oh yes! But not disappointed, what so ever.

I get weekly updates on my phone, telling me all the new things baby has learned to do in the past week or will learn in the coming week. It also shares some interesting pregnancy symptoms that can show up at different times. This includes morning sickness (of course) & fatigue as well as some sore ta-ta's, swollen & bloody gums, crazy dreams, aversions to certain foods, etc. I truly can't believe it, but the only ones I have felt thus far are the fatigue & crazy dreams (which, by the way, I don't mind one bit. they are insane).


Anywho, brief update.
Have a great evening friends!

1 comment:

  1. New follower here!! I just read your ABOUT ME and just had a dejavu!!! In high school I wrote a short story about a 6th grader who is going to her first day of school, thinking she looks amazing and picked the most perfect outfit, and shows up wearing the exact same outfit as the teacher! SO WEIRD! You are my real-life character! haha.

    P.S. I'm a photographer too!!! www.facebook.com/JVPcincinnati

    Can't wait to follow along!
    Jacqueline
    www.jaxandmarbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete