Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Induction

the "I" word has officially been used. We had an appointment with our doctor on Tuesday, and the good news is that I am progressing! Between Friday and Tuesday I dilated from a 2 to a 3. I am so thrilled and totally have hope that he could come on his own before the induction date that we set. We are saying prayers that he comes on his own, though it is nice to know there is an end in sight. I know I have mentioned this before (many, many times. #sorrydavid) but this pregnancy (pain/comfort wise) is so completely, vastly different than it was with Penelope. My doctor said it being my second had something to do with it (re-stretching muscles) and I believe having them so close together didn't help either. My body barely had time to bounce back before I threw it for another loop. We had 5 months in between giving birth and getting pregnant again, and the first month+ of that is spent healing, of course. It was just a lot to put a body through, though of course insanely worth it. All this to say, the last several weeks have been brutal (I swear, I have a high pain tolerance, too!) and I am counting down the days. I had a sweet friend of mine (who had 2 under 2 also!) tell me that she felt that being pregnant with a toddler was more difficult than having a toddler and an infant. That was one of the best things for me to hear. I am hoping I have built up the possible difficulties of having 2 under 2 in my head so much that reality will be easier than the build up.

I am a member of a "2 under 2 support group". It has already been such a great resource for advice in preparation for being in their shoes. The other day I was feeling really nervous, and just couldn't shake it. I have been so excited this whole time, but it just hit me like a ton of bricks. I posted in the group asking for moms to share their favorite thing about having 2 so close together. I got so many responses, and it was so encouraging to read through their comments and be able to picture my two little ones going through the same things. It immediately made me feel better, and get back to being excited. I am so excited to see Penny's eyes get so wide and her big ol' gasp (her default reaction for everything new to her) when she sees her little brother for the first time. I just can't believe it will be so soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment