Friday, October 30, 2015

Pregnancy: every inch (or centimeter) counts

This past Tuesday was the day of the doctors. I had (hopefully) my last appointment with the High Risk OB in the morning (last pregnancy appointment, I should say. I have one follow up 8-12 weeks after I give birth to have some blood work done). Followed by a call to Penelope's new Pediatrician (we actually had her first appointment with him the day before) about what seemed like an oncoming cold/pink eye (no worries, everything turned out to be fine...allergies), and then an appointment with my regular OB in the afternoon. Which turned out to be the highlight of the day! David worked from home so he could zip around with me to the appointments, but Penny fell asleep about 1 hour before I had to leave for my last appointment. We didn't want to wake her up, so I headed off to that one by myself (she ended up sleeping for 2 more hours!) and got a nice surprise during my appointment...I am 2 centimeters! This really doesn't mean too much, unfortunately. I could stay this way for a few more weeks, but I am hoping things just keep moving along.

David and I are both going insane with nesting, every free moment we have we are tackling something that has to get done before our little guy gets here. My energy level lately is incredibly low, and even when I'm feeling rested, my bones are all but begging me to lay down (preferably in a bathtub #weightless). But I get things done here and there, and David goes above and beyond (hello freshly scrubbed bathroom floor!) to get things ready. The three of us have been doing lots lately trying to soak up the calm before the storm, but at the same time are totally on the edge of our seats waiting to see his sweet face.

No comments:

Post a Comment