Monday, January 12, 2015

Just the three of us.

I had a girls night last week, it was wonderful, fun, relaxing, full of laughs, boy talk, and munching on treats. I got home late and found my husband waiting up for me. He greeted me with a sweet smile as I walked in the front door and waved me over. He asked me to sit down on the brown leather ottoman direclty in front of him. He had this look on his face where I knew something was up. I couldn't decipher if it was the "you left the milk out all day" silly look, or the "I'm happy to see you" look. He starts reciting what sounded like a prepared speech (he most definitely is a speech preparer, you guys. Even from when he told me he loved me for the first time as a nervous teenager, but thats another story for another day.) about the sort of wife and mother he sees me as (his words were much too good for me), and goes on to tell me that he booked me a massage for the following week. A night all to myself (and my massage therapist). I was beside myself, you guys! It was just oh so thoughtful of him! He must have noticed my achey shoulders and my recent inability to take my sweater off each night with those newly weak arms of mine. I am thankful for him. 


No comments:

Post a Comment